HALF TERM LEARNING CHALLENGE COMPETITION
We know lots of you enjoy completing home learning projects and like the routine of learning activities even during half term!
This is why we are setting you some fun half term challenges linked to today’s story ‘Shark in the Park’ written by Nick Sharratt. The suggested learning challenges can be completed by any pupil in any year group! To enter the Challenge Superstar competition, you will need to send a photograph or a copy of your completed challenge to Latchford_primary@warrington.gov.uk with the subject FAO Miss Kavanagh. Please make sure you include your child’s name and year group in the email. Certificates will be awarded to one pupil in each year group for the best challenge completed. We will announce Challenge Superstars on Friday 5th June. Certificates will be sent out in the post. Good luck and enjoy your learning!
- Make your own telescope to look for sharks just like Timothy Pope.
- Design your own park? You could make a 3D model using recyclable materials.
- Research sharks and create a poster or presentation to teach others your interesting shark facts. The more creative the better!
- Spot the rhyming words in the story? Can you create your own rhyming pairs or phrases?
- Use your drama skills to perform the story. You could use Purple Mash to record your voice over the story or record a video.
- Create a warning poster to warn others about sharks being spotted in the park.
- A newspaper article reporting on the sighting of sharks in a local park.
- Write a persuasive letter to persuade local residents to avoid the park.