Please find below a list of the homework I’d like you to complete over the half-term break.
MyMaths (Due Wednesday 28th October)
- Mixed sums over 100
- Mental addition and subtraction
- Year 3 Challenge Words List 6
- KS1 High Frequency Word List (certain children have been set this list)
Times Tables Rock Stars
- Children are to complete ‘Studio’ mode for 10 minutes
- Practise times tables at least 3 times per week
Reading Eggspress / Reading Plus
- Children should be aiming for 3 separate 20 minute sessions on these websites to meet the requirement for reading at home. Please ensure that, for those children who use Reading Eggs, you are using the Reading Eggspress part of this website for home reading. I have set some books and comprehension tasks for you.
English (Due Wednesday 28th October)
- Google Classroom – Letter Writing Task
I am aware that some people have been having issues editing the Google Classroom work at home. If you are accessing it on a tablet, you need to make sure you have downloaded the Google Classroom app, Google docs app, Google slides app and the Google Drive app. When you open in these apps it should let you edit the documents.
In addition, I have accessed Google Classroom with the children in class on several occasions and some children are clicking ‘turn in’ before they attempt the work. This should only be clicked when the work is complete, as this will prevent you from typing on it.
Dojo points will be awarded to all children who complete their Maths and English homework on time and to children who are reading at least 3 times each week.
In addition, if children read more than the expected amount, complete all of their homework on time and they remain on ‘green’ on our class behaviour system all week, they will be entered into a class raffle to be a member of ‘Always Club’. If chosen, they will win a lovely treat and prize during our celebration worship on Friday!
Thank you for your support and happy half-term.