The school provides a happy, secure and stimulating environment as a framework for a child’s educational develop-ment and children are encouraged to become self confident, self-disciplined and caring. The school adopts a posi-tive approach to discipline, where the emphasis is very much on praise and reward for good behaviour, with golden rules which the children are expected to observe throughout the school, as well as a few simple rules negotiated in each classroom.
The number of children on roll at the end of the last school year was 172 plus 46 in the Nursery. Children are organsied in Year Group classes, which are staffed as follows:
- Nursery: Miss Green (Teacher) and Miss Brookhouse (Teaching Assistant).
- Reception: Miss Kavanagh (Teacher) and Miss Peever & Mrs Bates (Teaching Assistants).
- Year 1: Mrs Lloyd (Teacher) and Mrs Forshaw (Teaching Assistant).
- Year 2: Mrs Marsden (Teacher) and Mrs Fives & Mrs Woodall (Teaching Assistants).
- Year 3: Miss Connolly (Class Teacher) and Mrs Hamam (Teaching Assistant).
- Year 4: Mr Smith (Teacher) and Mrs Jevans (Teaching Assistant).
- Year 5: Mrs Howard-Armitage and Mrs Parkinson (Teachers) and Mrs Worrall (Teaching Assistant).
- Year 6: Mrs Daintith (Teacher), Mrs Jevans (Teaching Assistant)
Nursery: 8.50 a.m. – 11.50 a.m.
Morning Session: 8.50 a.m. – 12.15 p.m. (KS1), 8.50 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. (KS2)
Afternoon Session: 1.15 p.m. – 3.15p.m.
There is a morning break for all children (excluding Nursery who have continuous outdoor provision).