Welcome back to the final term of Year 2!
I hope you are all well and keeping safe. I hope you have all had a lovely break and are excited to be learning again.
A few of you have been in touch through the Purple Mash emails and it has been great to hear from you. Please get in touch, if you can, to say hi!
- There are new tasks set on MyMaths looking at measurement and times tables and division. Remember you can always go over the previous tasks that have been set too. https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
- Practise your money and addition skills on this fun game: https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/customCars/index.html
- We will be continuing with the Oak National Academy lessons. Last term I asked you to work through the Fractions questions. You can continue with this, depending on where you got up to. Alternatively, you can look at ‘Measures’ section and work through a lesson a day. https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/year-2/maths#subjects
- Remember to keep practising on Numbots and Times Table Rock Stars.
- Go to www.phonicsplay.co.uk and practise any of the Phase 5 games.
- We are looking at a new spelling pattern this week. It sounds like ‘shun’ but is spelt ‘tion’. Please practise the list of words and the Common Exception Words at www.spellingshed.co.uk
- This lesson, on how to identify syllables, will really help you with your spellings when you go to KS2. https://www.thenational.academy/year-2/english/to-identify-syllables-year-2-wk6-3
- How about having a go at writing your own poem? A haiku is traditionally a Japanese poem consisting of three short lines (and don’t worry as they do not need to rhyme). There are two lessons here:
- Can you remember the homophones we looked at last week in spelling? Refresh your memory and have a go at using them correctly here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z7g8jhv
- Have you started reading the new book by J.K.Rowling? She is releasing it for free online https://www.theickabog.com/home/
- Continue reading the book banded books on https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/ .
- You can continue to read texts on Serial Mash on www.purplemash.com and answer the comprehension activities.
- Continue to visit www.readtheory.org
- An illustrator called Rob Biddulph has been posting draw along videos on Youtube. Why not have a go? There are some really fun ones! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpgrJijMpk_pyp9uTbxLdg
- Have you ever heard of a lady called Rosa Parks? She lived in America some time ago and became very famous for being brave and standing up for her rights. Learn about her here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zdw26v4
- Did you watch the SpaceX mission last week? If you missed it then watch it again here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22BXPLkyocw
- The company launched two NASA astronauts in to space. Do you know who was the first man to walk on the moon? Find out about him and his mission here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zj93bdm
There are lots of fun activities and lessons on BBC Bitesize and Twinkl that you can access.