The school provides a happy, secure and stimulating environment as a framework for a child’s educational develop-ment and children are encouraged to become self confident, self-disciplined and caring. The school adopts a posi-tive approach to discipline, where the emphasis is very much on praise and reward for good behaviour, with golden rules which the children are expected to observe throughout the school, as well as a few simple rules negotiated in each classroom.
The number of children on roll at the end of the last school year was 172 plus 46 in the Nursery. Children are organsied in Year Group classes, which are staffed as follows:
- Nursery: Miss Leath (Teacher) and Miss Brookhouse (Teaching Assistant).
- Reception: Mrs Yates (Teacher) and Miss Peever & Mrs Bates (Teaching Assistants).
- Year 1: Mrs Lloyd (Teacher) and Mrs Forshaw & Mrs Goulden (Teaching Assistants).
- Year 2: Mrs Swift/Miss Leath (Teachers) and Mrs Fives & Mrs Woodall (Teaching Assistants).
- Year 3: Miss Connolly (Class Teacher) and Mrs Jeffries (Teaching Assistant).
- Year 4: Mr Smith (Teacher) and Mrs Hamam & Mrs Clarke (Teaching Assistants).
- Year 5: Mrs Daintith (Teachers) and Mrs Worrall (Teaching Assistant).
- Year 6: Mrs Armitage (Teacher) and Mrs Parkinson, Mrs Jevans [1:1] and Mr Waldron [1:1] (Teaching Assistants)
Nursery: 8.50 a.m. – 11.50 a.m.
Morning Session: 8.50 a.m. – 12.15 p.m. (KS1), 8.50 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. (KS2)
Afternoon Session: 1.15 p.m. – 3.15p.m.
There is a morning break for all children (excluding Nursery who have continuous outdoor provision).